Heroes’ Park is a solemn tribute area honoring thirteen Arlington Police and Firefighters who sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.
The area contains a “Remembrance Courtyard, Stream of Life, Fallen Heroes Virtue Stone, Wall of Honor, and Donor Paver Area.” Along the pathway are eight stones displaying the words: courage, integrity, responsibility, respect, compassion, service, honor, and sacrifice. Arlington officially dedicated the park on May 17, 2008.
Photos from Heroes’ Park:
Wall of Honor
- James E. Johnson | End of Watch: 11-23-1930
- Gary D. Harl | End of Watch: 07-16-1975
- Terry Lynn Lewis | End of Watch: 10-09-1992
- Jerry J. Crocker | End of Watch: 10-09-1992
- Craig Michael Hanking | End of Watch: 08-03-1994
- Joseph Thomas Cushman | End of Watch: 06-07-2001
- Craig Gordon Story | End of Watch: 01-13-2010
- Jillian Michelle Smith | End of Watch: 12-28-2010
- Champ C. Barnes Sr. | Last Alarm: 03-31-1951
- Ronny B. Snow | Last Alarm: 03-05-1985
- Ronnie M. McAndrew | Last Alarm: 11-14-1990
- Rick G. Hosford Jr. | Last Alarm: 09-01-2005
- Don Hogg | Last Alarm: 11-19-2009
2100 W. Green Oaks Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76013
“Heroes are not born. Heroes evolve and become extraordinary examples for our community
on how an ordinary man or woman can become great.”
Post and photos by Jason S. Sullivan, 09-05-21
More info about Heroes’ Park and Arlington’s Fallen Officers